Principles of Kinesic Interview & Interrogation, 2nd Edition
by Stan B. Walters, CSP
Principles of Kinesic Interview and Interrogation answers the questions – Why are some interviewers more successful than others? Why do certain interviewing and interrogation techniques work only part of the time? Why did the subject confess? Why didn’t they confess. With information based on firs hand observations form over 1200+ interviews and interrogation, Principles of Kinesic Interview & Interrogation, 2nd ed., provides even more insight about interviewing and interrogation than the bestselling first edition. It addresses how people behave during interviews. What their behaviors reveal. Why they exhibit certain verbal and nonverbal mannerisms.
Take your interviewing and interrogation skills
to the next level!
New in this edition:
50% MORE PHOTOGRAPHS
MORE BACKGROUND INFORMATION
THREE NEW CHAPTERS!
Principles of Kinesic Interview & Interrogation
Currently being used by:
- University & college criminal justice departments
- Numerous law enforcement academies
- US Army C.I.D. training at Ft. Leonard Wood.
- American Military University
- Anti-terrorist units their training sections.
- Military intelligence operations worldwide.
- State and local academies and regulatory agencies.
- Government of South Korea
- and many more professionals who use advanced interviewing and interrogation skills.
Principles of Kinesic Interview & Interrogation – What’s Inside:
- Trains interviewers to recognize and avoid the pitfalls that could ultimately threaten the admissibility of statements
- Identifies and classifies numerous behaviors for ready recognition and provides background information as to the reason or reasons such behaviors may or may not appear
- Describes the characteristics of various personality types
- Addresses the issues about false confession that are not always covered in interviewing and interrogation training curriculum
- Examines the findings about false confessions and wrongful convictions due to flawed interviewing and interrogation.
- Contains photographs from REAL interviews with subjects suspected of various crimes, from simple thefts and forgery to rape, arson, and murder .
- Coverage of the advances in the area of kinesic statement analysis, with more background information and representative examples.
- Discussion of the phenomenon of false confessions, including contributing factors and avoiding pitfalls
- A new chapter addressing the basic concepts of interview and interrogation, making the book more rounded and suitable for beginners
- A short section on schizophrenia, brain disease, clinical depression, and suicidal personalities and their behaviors
- Explore the complex challenges of basic and advanced interview and interrogation techniques. Determine behavior from body language, speech, and written statements. Thousands of readers gained invaluable skills from the first edition. With the techniques presented in Principles of Kinesic Interview & Interrogation, Second Edition, you too can discover the key to successful interviewing and interrogation.
List price $119.95. Check out our Web Discount Price Of $89.97
Principles of Kinesic Interview & Interrogation – A Reader’s Review
“The ability to recognize deception is extremely important in my field, and there are many manuals of instructions on the subject. Mr. Walters’, however, gives the reader/researcher the keys to EXTRACTING the verbal and non-verbal reactions the body has when stressed. It also covers what happens to the body and speech when a person is ready to confess. “Since my introduction to Mr. Walters’ book, my confession rate has sky rocketed! I obtain solid witness statements and when conducting internal investigations, officers come right out and ‘fess up’ rather than be interrogated. All my awards over the last three years including the 1998 Officer of the Year for my agency, I owe to this book.”
– Jim Miles, Police Investigator, Columbia, South Carolina on Amazon.com
Want information on hosting or attending interviewing and interrogation classes and more?